Have you ever wanted to try art journaling with your students? Are you looking to infuse more art into your classroom?
Art Journaling with Kids is a downloadable E-Zine with lots of inspiration! Included are 5 different tutorials and techniques that you can try in your classroom in blank sketchbooks OR simply as stand-alone art projects.
Art journals allow children to express themselves through drawing, collage and writing. Perfect for independent activities and enrichment. All projects are classroom-tested in my art room!
Issue #1 Contents (34 Pages)
1. What is Art Journaling (including a student handout)
2. Choosing a Journal (advice for the teacher)
3. Tutorial #1: Decorating the Cover (fabric collage, name designs, grid layout)
4. Tutorial #2: Water Sprayed Words
5. Tutorial #3: Masking Tape Journal Spots
6. Tutorial #4: Photocopied Leaves
7. Tutorial #5: Watercolor Shapes
8. Art Journal Printable Activities--- 9 pages of Handouts! This section contains printable student handouts that your kids can cut out and paste in their journal: question response prompts, art questions, magazine hunt, scavenger hunt, and more!
Issue #2 Contents (29 Pages)
1. Journal Talk- page 3
2. Tutorial #1: Stickers as Stencils- page 4
3. Tutorial #2: Diptychs and Triptychs- page 8
4. Tutorial #3: Repeating Shapes- page 11
5. Tutorial #4: Watercolor Pencil Backgrounds- page 13
6. Tutorial #5: Mixed Media Exploration- page 16
7. Handout: Mixed Media Exploration- page 21
8. Handout: Your Name is Art- pages 22-24
9. Handout: Art Journal Choices- page 25
10. Journal Inspiration- page 26
Total of 29 colorful, fun-filled pages.. includes 3 printable handouts for students.
This is a digital PDF packet that will be e-mailed to you. Please allow 24 hours for me to send it to you. Thanks so much! Your purchases support my professional and artistic development.